XY What Pokémon Do You Want in Your Team for X / Y? Post Your Current Team / Ideas Here!

RE: What Pokemon do you want in your team for X/Y? Post your ever changing list here!

Froakie: since he might turn out to be a ninja-thingy, he might be cool. Maaybe Chespin if the final evo is cool.
Nyaonikuru: The female one is best, and I like a phychical(?) better than a supportive Pokémon.
Litleo*: I like lions. 'nuff said.
Spritzee: IF its evo turns out to be a plague doctor-thingy.
Grass-type: Just to maintain a Fire/Water/Grass core for balancing.
Ghost or Dragon-type: I like 'em. :3

* IF there is an awesome fox, or red-panda Pokémon, I will have them instead.

RE: What Pokemon do you want in your team for X/Y? Post your ever changing list here!

Well, since all the reveals as of late, my current planned 1st run X team has changed a bit:

Mains (used no matter what)
- Chespin
- Pancham
- Tyrunt (seriously, finally a T-Rex! AND its Dragon type too!)
- Froakie (will probably trade one from my Y) OR Clauncher

Undecided/Rotating
- Litleo (if Talonflame and this are the only Fire type Kalos Pokémon, this will probably make the team)
- Helioptile (like the design alot, but still waiting on what its evo looks like)
- Honedge (like the design, but hopefully its not a standalone, since I usually like evolving mons my first play through. Plus its a decent Fairy killer Im sure...)

Seriously though, with Fairy being weak to Poison and Steel, where the new OP Steel and Poison types at? 1 of each so far.

RE: Your X&Y Team?

Reggie McGigas said:
Fennekin
Fletchling
Golett
Eevee (Envolves into Espeon)
Helioptile

The last one is either
Bagon (If salamance is in the game like the trailer shows)
or
Clauncher

Here is my updated list! I'm getting Y

Frogadier (Was Fennekin, but I always pick the fire starter, Froakie's evo is better, and I'm getting Charmander)
Charizard (Best Mega evo of the 3 starters)
Golurk (Man I love this guy, and could help me with weakness to ground)
Pyroar/Yveltal (Pyroar if Yveltal is post game only)
Tyrunt (Better of the 2 fossils)
Oortoo/Gogoat (Might be replaced by a better grass type, but I am sorely weak to water types, and a stab giga drain/horn leech would help out alot)

Postgame stuff

Mewtwo (Possibly Y, but I will mainly use regular form)
Mega Blaziken
Yveltal (Duh)
Shiny Metagross, Hydreigon, White Kyurem, Black Kyurem, Genesect, Blastoise, Venasuar, Other (Transfer)

Since I reserved both games I'll put 2 lists as I will be using only Gen 6 pokemon in X and whatever I run across in Y.

Pokemon X Team:
Froakie's final evo - As you all can tell from my avatar and signature...I love the little guy so I have to roll with him as X will be my main game!
Swirlix - I can't really explain it but from the moment I saw this pokemon I thought it was cool, and then when I saw that it was the "cotton candy" pokemon I thought it was amazing. I don't even care if it evolves or not! It will be on my team all the way through the Pokemon League!
Meowstick (female) - I barely ever use Psychic types because I tend to not like their designs, but I like both Meowstick designs. The female version just looks better in my opinion. Hopefully it doesn't evolve because I feel like it's elegance would go away...though it could look amazing.
Tyrunt evo - I can't put into words how much I love this pokemon! Back in 1998 when I played Red version and learned of fossil pokemon I hoped there was gonna be a T-rex fossil pokemon because I was a huge Jurassic Park fan! Sadly I found that wasn't gonna happen after my mom bought a poster of all 150 pokemon, but then in 2001 I heard of Gen 2 so I knew they were gonna keep making new pokemon and finally I got my T-rex!!! I haven't even seen Tyrunt's evo but it is already my favorite pokemon of all time!!!

I'll see what other new pokemon will be introduced as 2 unannounced ones will most likely take the final 2 spots.

Pokemon Y Team:
Chespin final evo - It wouldn't make sense to have Froakie twice!
Blaziken - I'll actually use the give away Torchic in this game, plus Blazikne was my favorite pokemon before Tyrunt got introduced.
Blastoise - I will also use the Kanto starter that is given to you in this game as well!
Amaura evo - My hope is that by Gen 8, Game Freak will make enough awesome dino fossil pokemon to make a cool Jurassic Park competitive battling team so I will need Amaura.

Not sure what other pokemon will be obtainable so I don't know about the other 2 spots.

Starter: From the look of things, Froakie but I'm not impressed with any of the 3 shown.

Tyrunt: I'm waiting to see what it's Evo (if any) looks like, I hope he gets more draconic looking.

Kanto Starter: Probably Venusaur, I used charizard in kanto (fire red) no point using the same pokemon twice, blastoise never really appealed to me.

Dragonite: Only if hidden grottoes are back or it gets a good mega Evo

Meowstic(female): I haven't used a psychic type since gallade in platinum so I might as well use this.

Spritzee: only if I like its Evo, but something about it makes me want to use it.

Helioptile: Same as above .

For me I'm thinking my party will be as follows

Froakie (male) <---- Hopefully he has the stats to be a good physical based attacker.
Bulbasaur (male) <---- Bulbasaur was always my favorite.
Torchic (male) <---- Because Mega-Blaziken
Spritzee (female) <---- To me, design-wise she look like she'll turn into maybe a flamingo? That and her face looks like those masks on the doctors from Assassin's Creed(the name of those masks escape my mind atm) which I'm hoping it will evolve into something that looks feminine and sinister at the same time.
Malamar (male) <---- Hopefully because Inkay is based on a squid and it's found near beaches that it can learn Surf. Since I'm hoping Froakie is a physical based attacker I cannot teach that to him.
Amaura (female) <---- Ice type is my favorite and so far she's looking amazing.

On a side note, Froakie, Bulbasaur, and Amaura will all be in the plain pokeball since they're all pokemon that are given to you and not caught and that bothers me. I'm kind of OCD and I like having all my pokemon on my current team to be in a different ball with a coloring thats close to their own body colors if possible. Anybody else have that?

Chespin!: Defensive starters are awesome
Clauncher: reason I am getting X
Tyrunt: I'ts a T-Rex
Helioptile: Dah i'ts adorable
A flying type: you know, for the HM
A fairy type: space filler

Kanto starters are great and all, but has it been confirmed for pre-national dex? Also going new gen only so it wouldn't matter

BCWD93 said:

Kanto starters are great and all, but has it been confirmed for pre-national dex? Also going new gen only so it wouldn't matter

Kanto starters have been confirmed as being given to you when you first meet Professor Sycamore at the beginning of the game.

grassdragon said:
BCWD93 said:

Kanto starters have been confirmed as being given to you when you first meet Professor Sycamore at the beginning of the game.

Do you have a source for that info? As far as I remember, you get them after beating Korrina

Bashamo said:
grassdragon said:

Do you have a source for that info? As far as I remember, you get them after beating Korrina
You don't meet Professor Sycamore until Lumiose City. His lab isn't in the city that you live in.

grassdragon said:
Bashamo said:

That's correct too. You don't meet Professor Sycamore until after you beat Korrina. His lab isn't in the city that you live in.

Wait, so you don't officially meet the Professor until your fourth gym battle?
Then who gives you your starter? Are we gonna have another scene with the pokemon attacking somebody, or the pokemon attacking you etc.

You get your Kalos starter from one of your friends.

I checked my source, you meet Professor Sycamore when you go to Lumiose City.

grassdragon said:

But that's not the beginning of the game. I know we get them from him but I doubtbwe get them at the start.

Chrono's Team

[Starter]<---- Undecided
[Tyrunt}<---- I knew from the second I saw this thing that I dearly wanted it.
[Clauncher]<---- Reminds me of a crawfish boil <3

Bashamo said:
grassdragon said:

But that's not the beginning of the game. I know we get them from him but I doubtbwe get them at the start.
So it's a little later than I thought. It's still pretty early in the game.

I'm going to laugh so hard when we find out that Kanto starters are post game only.

As for me, my new list is going to be:
For sure:
Froakie- I nearly always pick the water starter, and it'll be nice to have the Fighting type to round out my team.
Spritzee- Fairy type! I can only hope that it evolves into something awesome.
Skrelp- I know, I already have a Water type, but I'll be using him mostly for the Poison type coverage (which will now be more important due to Fairy type)
Possibilities:
Orotto- Depending on how good he is/what his secondary typing will be. If it's Dark, that might be an interesting addition to my team.
Malimar- I'd love to try out the new evolution method here, plus the Psychic/Dark typing will be pretty handy.
Helioptile- Depending on it's evolution. If it's some awesome frilled lizard thing, I'll definitely want it!

I'm trying to keep my team fairly open at this point, since we barely know a fraction of all the pokemon that will be released in X and Y. If there's something cool I discover along the way, I'm definitely using it!

grassdragon said:
Bashamo said:
So it's a little later than I thought. It's still pretty early in the game.

Saddest thing is we don't even know if it's post or pre game. I am personally expecting post.

I'm now seriously torn between keeping Vivillon, or ditching it in favor of a fossil and guess what, I'm seriously torn by which fossil I want.
(I say ditching Vivillon because I already have my Flying type in Talonflame, and it has several weaknesses in common with Venusaur)

I'll probably go with Aurorus, if I do decide to ditch Vivillon. But that Tyrantrum... its so vicious and awesome
(and no one say that I should dump Vivillon in the PC or release it. its so cute and happy and innocent I could never do such an evil deed to it)

P.DelSlayer said:
I'm now seriously torn between keeping Vivillon, or ditching it in favor of a fossil and guess what, I'm seriously torn by which fossil I want.
(I say ditching Vivillon because I already have my Flying type in Talonflame, and it has several weaknesses in common with Venusaur)

I'll probably go with Aurorus, if I do decide to ditch Vivillon. But that Tyrantrum... its so vicious and awesome
(and no one say that I should dump Vivillon in the PC or release it. its so cute and happy and innocent I could never do such an evil deed to it)

My 2 cents: I remember your post saying you wanted Froakie Evo, Venusaur, and blaziken on your team. With vivillion, you have 4 team mates weak to flying (if the source is right about froakie becoming part fighting). With one of the fossils you could help nullify that slightly, so I'd say replace it with a fossil.

My team (unevolved):

Fennekin: I'm finally warming up to Fennekin evolution and I really hope it ends up as an epic witch. Plus I always choose the fire-type

Amaura: I've been waiting for an Ice-type to be revealed. And I can honestly say I'm very happy with what I see. I love the aurora inspiration.

Honedge: As long as it has decent stats, he's definitely on my team. Ghost/Steel is epic

Inkay: Psychic/Dark is a type combo I've been waiting for for a long time. So happy!

Skrelp: I LOVE HIM! My favorite by far. It's adorable!

The other spot is still wide open.

Back