XY What Pokémon Do You Want in Your Team for X / Y? Post Your Current Team / Ideas Here!

RE: What Pokemon do you want in your team for X/Y? Post your ever changing list here!

Viktor12 said:
P.DelSlayer said:
You do realise that every Pokemon in your team (all but 1 if Quilladin isn't Grass/Dark) is weak to Fighting.
To help combat this, you could:
-replace Litleo with Talonflame, almost same STAB, its not like losing one Normal member will do you much harm, plus Talonflame may have decent use of Return. Talonflame is also resistant to Fighting, which is a huge bonus for your team.
-Maybe replace something else with a Ghost type? If we happen to get a new Electric/Ghost it could be a decent replacement for Helioptile.

Well, I don't necessarily care too much about what I'm weak to or not, as it won't change what I'll use. I don't need to be resistant or immune to a type to counter it, do I? Normal types commonly have a very wide moveset of multiple other types, so it shouldn't be too hard to find something useful. I have been considering my weaknesses though, so I know that I'm extremely vulnerable to Fighting and somewhat of Fairy, but I'll find a way! Those are the only two I have to consider anyway...

Being resistant to Fighting helps a lot in battling it. Since Fighting often has high attack, coupled with good moves, taking them out can be a real pain. Especially if all your team are weak to them - it means it's impossible to safely switch one Pokemon in the Fighting gym, or any Fighting type Trainer Class.
It's not totally impossible you couldn't counter Fighters, it's just gonna be much harder than say, with a Pyroar than a Talonflame.

Saying 'Normal types commonly have a wide moveset' would be a good point, if it weren't for the fact that Furfrou would have the bigger movepool considering it's pure Normal.
All Normal types which have other (non flying) types don't really get the large movepools. (think Girafarig, Sawsbuck etc)
Pyroar and Helioptile are more likely gonna get movepools that have more in common with their respective Fire and Electric types.
If you look at their movepools, its clear that part Normal types just don't get the good movepools their pure type cousins do. (the only one that does is Bibarel, and I am 90% sure that if Bibarel wasn't related to a pure Normal type then most of its TM list would be changed)

I've just realised, that the new leaker mentioned a Normal/Poison porcupine. Any thoughts...? You seem to like Normal types, and it has a secondary Poison to help combat a) the Fighting weakness and b) the Fairy weakness.

RE: What Pokemon do you want in your team for X/Y? Post your ever changing list here!

P.DelSlayer said:
I've just realised, that the new leaker mentioned a Normal/Poison porcupine. Any thoughts...? You seem to like Normal types, and it has a secondary Poison to help combat a) the Fighting weakness and b) the Fairy weakness.

If Normal was paired with another type, Poison is certainly the one to cover most of its weaknesses and is going to be used more now that Fairy has been introduced. I personally might add it to my team, which is unusual since I have rarely used a Normal type that wasn't also flying (exceptions are Snorlax and Zangoose).

PkmnTrainerRed said:
i dont know much yet because im so used to the games coming out in japan first and then knowing everything so the only thing i know for sure is that i am definetly an trying out mega absol

i also hope hydreigon gets a mega evolution

Good choice. MegaAbsol definitely got one of the better designs in terms of Megas. And if another Dragon type does get a Mega, I'm hoping for Dragonite, Haxorus, Flygon or Hydreigon.

P.DelSlayer said:
Viktor12 said:
Well, I don't necessarily care too much about what I'm weak to or not, as it won't change what I'll use. I don't need to be resistant or immune to a type to counter it, do I? Normal types commonly have a very wide moveset of multiple other types, so it shouldn't be too hard to find something useful. I have been considering my weaknesses though, so I know that I'm extremely vulnerable to Fighting and somewhat of Fairy, but I'll find a way! Those are the only two I have to consider anyway...

Saying 'Normal types commonly have a wide moveset' would be a good point, if it weren't for the fact that Furfrou would have the bigger movepool considering it's pure Normal.
All Normal types which have other (non flying) types don't really get the large movepools. (think Girafarig, Sawsbuck etc)
Actually, Girafarig and Sawsbuck have pretty wide movepools, at least in comparison to your average Psychic or Grass type. I wouldn't be surprised if Pyroar and Helioptile have a wider than average move pool, as well.

Besides, you team synergy isn't very important for an in-game team. Your pokemon usually end up being such a higher level that effectiveness is negligible.

I'm choosing Braixen cause she a boss bitch waiting to happen she'll wave her wand and turn a rock to a gold brick and if her wand becomes a broom in her last evolution i'm gonna lose it! Sylveon cause when I first saw her I adored her and her elegant ribbons I saw a video she was up against a Politoed she took hydro pump in the rain, critical hit, plus politoed had life orb and she was in the yellow zone and won with drain kiss and moonblast! So she obviously a bulky goddess. Orotto because he is adorable and spooky I really hope he is Grass/Ghost i've always thought pokemon like that were cuties. I'm catching Scatterbug early to get Vivillion to find her "wing secret" and wouldn't be funny if she was as powerful as Volcarona? Helioptile cause I love Alexa's little cute, timid one what if he had solar power ability he'd be a monster. Finally, Skrelp because I want a new Water/Poison type and Skrelp's design is more than perfect. This list will probably change the second I get the game. ; )
hA10545C9

SuchADamnLady369 said:
I'm choosing Braixen cause she a boss b**** waiting to happen she'll wave her wand and turn a rock to a gold brick and if her wand becomes a broom in her last evolution i'm gonna lose it! Sylveon cause when I first saw her I adored her and her elegant ribbons I saw a video she was up against a Politoed she took hydro pump in the rain, critical hit, plus politoed had life orb and she was in the yellow zone and won with drain kiss and moonblast! So she obviously a bulky goddess. Orotto because he is adorable and spooky I really hope he is Grass/Ghost i've always thought pokemon like that were cuties. I'm catching Scatterbug early to get Vivillion to find her "wing secret" and wouldn't be funny if she was as powerful as Volcarona? Helioptile cause I love Alexa's little cute, timid one what if he had solar power ability he'd be a monster. Finally, Skrelp because I want a new Water/Poison type and Skrelp's design is more than perfect. This list will probably change the second I get the game. ; )
hA10545C9

Doubtful, considering she is most likely the regional Bug/Flying pokemon that evolves around level 10. Pokemon you get that early don't tend to be as strong as near pseudos 0.o

P.DelSlayer said:
Viktor12 said:

Being resistant to Fighting helps a lot in battling it. Since Fighting often has high attack, coupled with good moves, taking them out can be a real pain. Especially if all your team are weak to them - it means it's impossible to safely switch one Pokemon in the Fighting gym, or any Fighting type Trainer Class.
It's not totally impossible you couldn't counter Fighters, it's just gonna be much harder than say, with a Pyroar than a Talonflame.

Pyroar and Helioptile are more likely gonna get movepools that have more in common with their respective Fire and Electric types.
If you look at their movepools, its clear that part Normal types just don't get the good movepools their pure type cousins do. (the only one that does is Bibarel, and I am 90% sure that if Bibarel wasn't related to a pure Normal type then most of its TM list would be changed)

You would be right, but I think I'll stick to what I have for now, until soemthing else takes the spotlight. I heard about those rumours and that is a creative type combination I believe. I might put it in somewhere when I see how it looks (if it exists).

As of right now I can definitely say my team will consist of 3 pokemon.

1. Fenniken
2. Sylveon
3. Squirtle or Charmander.
Normally I prefer squirtle over charmander, but I've fallen in LOVE with Mega-Charizard. Now my mind is telling to continue with the squirtle line for the good of the team. But my heart is saying CHARIZARD. But I don't wanna give up fenniken, and mega-blaziken and Talonflame are also amazing. I LOVE the Fire pokemon of this gen! Where were these guys when back in second grade when I wanted an all fire pokemon team? >_>

But yeah the rest of my team depends on what pokemon are available in Pokemon X. I hope there is a new dragon that I'll fall in love with.
Tyrantrum is pretty amazing but so is aurorus. Idk... so many wonderful things this Generation! ;_;

Poison Master said:
P.DelSlayer said:
Actually, Girafarig and Sawsbuck have pretty wide movepools, at least in comparison to your average Psychic or Grass type. I wouldn't be surprised if Pyroar and Helioptile have a wider than average move pool, as well.

Besides, you team synergy isn't very important for an in-game team. Your pokemon usually end up being such a higher level that effectiveness is negligible.

There's nothing I can see on Girafarig's movepool that isn't usually learned by Psychic types. (except maybe EQ)
Same with Sawsbuck, it's movepool is pretty average for a Grass type (with the one exception of Wild Charge)

Pokémon X team:
  • Froakie - because it's superior. Ofc it is. It's a frog, people. ;P
  • Pancham - AWWWWWWWWYEAAAAAAAAAAA PANDAZZ
  • Honedge - the best sword ever.
  • Xerneas - the fairy reindeer. xD
  • Clauncher - reminds me of Skyrim's Mudcrabs.

Pokémon Y team:
  • Chespin / Fennekin - I like them both too much, but a little less than Froakie. I really don't know which one I should pick.
  • Litleo - Rawr. ^^
  • Sylveon - hai, i'm a q-tee ;3

X is going to be my main version, so I've planned it more.

At the moment

- Chespin/Quilladin/???
- Charmander/Charmeleon/Charizard
- Litleo/Pyroar
- Amaura/Aurorus
- Pancham/Pangoro
- Still to be decided! but have thought about Clauncher. This slot will most certainly be a water type Pokemon. Waiting to see what others there are

and of course my Arcanine will make an appearance at some point too <3

I know I have 2 fire types but I LOVE Litleo and Pyroar. Also Charmander was my first ever Pokemon I chose in Red version back in the 90s so I had to pick him

P.DelSlayer said:
Poison Master said:

There's nothing I can see on Girafarig's movepool that isn't usually learned by Psychic types. (except maybe EQ)
Same with Sawsbuck, it's movepool is pretty average for a Grass type (with the one exception of Wild Charge)
Girafarig: Cruch, Earthquake, Iron Tail, Hyper Voice, Double Kick, Foul Play, Beat Up, Bulldoze.
Sawsbuck: Megahorn, Double Kick, Jump Kick, Faint Attack, Shadow Ball, Thunder Wave, Baton Pass, Fake Tears, Last Resort, Bounce.

Those are not typical Psychic and Grass pokemon moves. They both have much wider (if not necessarily useful) move pools than is typical for their types.

Fennekin/Braixen/??? - My choice for a starter. Yeah, this leaves me with two fire types, but that kind of stuff doesn't matter in-game, anyway.

Litleo/Pyroar (female) - To be replaced with Houndour/Houndoom as soon as they become available. If they are available around the same time in game, I'll still train Pyroar, but Houndoom will make it onto my final team, he's my favorite Pokemon after all.

Tyrunt/Tyrantrum - Looks like it would be super fun to train. Rock/dragon is a unique type combo, and this guy has a cool design, too.

Inkay/Malamar - Another unique type combo in dark/psychic. I think Malamar looks cool, too, and Inkay is adorable.

Furfrou - Unfortunately, being a pure normal type and also a gimmick Pokemon, she may not be the best in battle, but I'd still like to train one. It's been hinted that the three different hairstyles revealed for Furfrou aren't the only ones you will be able to use in game, so I'm excited to see what others they come up with. I like the idea of being able to customize your Pokemon!

Absol - I can't WAIT to use Mega Absol in battle! I hope Houndoom gets a mega evolution too so I can use them in doubles.

Geomancer said:
Absol - I can't WAIT to use Mega Absol in battle! I hope Houndoom gets a mega evolution too so I can use them in doubles.

I wonder if that is possible. They said you can only have one Mega Pokemon in your party

I'm hoping to wait for when more are revealed/game is out but atm looks like:

Meowstic (female)
Fennekin (female)
Skiddo(Male)
Honedge (Male)
Noivern (Female)
Charmander (Male)
Helioptile (Male)

Genders only matter to me for nicknaming sake really. Probably switch Charmander with a Sylveon later since I have a better one in my gen 5 game anyways, dont feel like raising another Charmander. Tyrunt for later game rotated with Skiddo, and thats all I can think up atm.

[private]Not enough elaboration.
~Frezgle[/private]
[private]This post is okay. Approved it. *Drohn [/private]

RE: What Pokemon Do You Want in Your Team for X/Y? Post Your Ever Changing List Here!

So far my team consists of:
Froakie (if it is Water/Fighting)
Tyrantrum (I've never used a Rock type OR a Dragon type in my main team, so this will be a new experience. also it's a damn T-rex)
Meowstic (Female, I love the design and I also love the Psychic type. I prefer the attacking form)
Flabebe/Spritzee (I want one Fairy type on my team, but which one I get depends on their evolutions)
Oorotto (If it is Grass/Ghost)

Unsure of the 6th slot. Probably a flying type pokemon for Fly, and also for Sky Battles. (providing of course that Spritzee doesn't evolve into a Fairy/Flying type, in which case I'll use the slot for something else)

I only want to use Gen 6 Pokemon :)

RE: What Pokemon Do You Want in Your Team for X/Y? Post Your Ever Changing List Here!

Fennekin (Female) named Sabrina, unless it for some reason doesn't turn into a witch then I'll have to come up with something better

Heloptile (Male) named Nedry, after Dennis Nedry of Jurassic Park fame

Squirtle (Male) named Geoffrey, I just like this name, and it sounds like a fun name for a turtle

Tyrunt (Male) named Sean Connery, and if that can't fit then I'll name him Sue, after that song "A Boy Named Sue", and because the largest T-Rex fossil ever found was called Sue.

Malamar named Malomar, I basically want one of these just so I can name it Malomar. That is literally the only reason.

I have no idea who the last member will be, I might use Honedge if it's evolution looks really cool.

I know for a fact one of the Kalos starters is going to be on my team and eventually Xerneas will be, but aside from that I've no idea. Tyrunt would be an awesome Pokémon to use, but I've no clue how early we get it.

It's hard for me to come up with a team idea when (1) we have no idea about the locations / availability of certain Pokémon, (2) there are so many Pokémon still yet to be revealed, and (3) we're getting so many starter Pokémon around the start of the game (Torchic, Kanto starters, and of course Kalos). I may just save Torchic and the Kanto starter for post-game, but even so for the most part my in-game team is a complete mystery to me.

Well I was planning to be a Dragon buster through the game :), but I love being a Ghost Pokémon master also :), So my team is a combination of the 2
1. Froakie- Well I always take the starter, and froakie just seemed awesome, going to be a ninja :p
2. Honedge- I love ghost pokemon, and this animated object just seemed like a legend I heard in a story once, then It evolves into Duo Dao swords just awesome, and the No Guard ability will be very useful in battles
3. Inkay- I need something to help against opponents that uses stat powering moves and lowering moves so it will be easier to take them down
4. Dendenne- I want the fairy/ electric combo immune to dragon and can kick water types tail :p plus it looks like a mini Raichu, what's not to love about it :)
5. Flabebe- I am hoping that it evolves into a Fairy/ Grass so it will be immune to dragons, and it's just too cute to give up, I have to have it, plus hope it turn into a alraune
6.Ice fossil pokemon/Orotto- I cant decide, I want the Ice type super effective against water and turns all normal moves into Ice, and a freaking walking tree of Death :p I want Orotto because I love ghost pokemon

I just going to get all ghost and Fairy pokemon in the game though throughout the game XD I want to have a good team, especially with all the new OP pokemon XD

Well, my team keeps changing every few weeks. One thing I do know though is that I hope there's more than Meowstick and Pyroar for the kitties this gen, since I plan to have a team of cats...well...at least half cats...or feline like.

1) Fenniken - My starter. Foxes are quite feline like too. =p
2) Meowstick - I'll be going with the female. at least I think the female is the one that has the more attacking move pool instead of the supportive movepool.
3) Pyroar - It's a cat. going with female since I think her mane is more FABULOUS~~!
4) Doublade - Not removing him and naming him excalibur (who gets that reference?).
5) Sylveon - Well...most likely. unless there's a fairy cat that pops up, he's staying.
6) Unfilled - Spot left for another cat.

My Y team so far:
Fennekin
Charmander (maybe) or Tyrunt
Furfrou
Dedenne
Skrelp
Spiritzee (maybe) or Noivern (most likely)

Explanation: Fennekin is adorable, nuff said (and its psychic attacks will be useful). Charmander because he was my first pokemon and it'd be fun to play through with him again or Tyrunt because he's an awesome looking dino. Furfrou is just cool looking, not to mention its ability so it probably wouldn't have that hard of a time fighting against fighting type pokemon. Dedenne is just too cute not to use (plus Emolga turned into a beast so I think Dedenne will as well). Skrelp is based off of one of my favorite aquatic animals (plus I enjoy fighting with poison types), how can I resist? I have a hunch that Spiritzee will become really cool/creepy looking however Noivern is really awesome as well and I love bats. D:

My X team:
Chespin
Litleo (female)
Helioptile
Meowstic
Honedge
Clauncher or Swirlix

Chespin was almost tied with Fennekin, but Fennekin won in the end. I rather like Pyroar's female version so I'll probably get one of those. Helioptile as the potential to become a great electric monster (one of my favorite typings). Meowstic might be fun to use, but I might swap it out for some flying pokemon instead. Honedge was awesome from the beginning and will make a great fairy slayer. Clauncher is pretty cool looking and I have a pet crawdad, however Swirlix is just plain goofy and will be hilarious to slay dragons with.

Oh my goodness this is haaaaaaard. I want them all on my team. D:

Y= main game
X= infinite restart game

I might end up with a completely different team. I'll probably place X through 3 times before nuzlockig it. XD

Back