What should I play for _________?

RE: What should I play for _______?

Event: Cities
Division: Masters
Metagame: Gyarados, SP's, Vilegar. At least 1 Steelix Prime/Blissey.
What can I play: I'm building a Gengar Prime deck and rebuilding my Gyarados deck, but what I'd really like is to perfect my Luxchomp w/Dialga G Lv. X deck.

Division: Seniors
Metagame: GENGAR
What I can play: Jumpluff, Kingdra

@Scizors
Go for Gyarados

@Blastigatr
Kingdra. It can knockout gengars with spray splash so Its uneffected by fainting spell. Tough choice though.

@glaceon
Can't build it fully in a day. My next tournament is tomorrow. What changes could I make to my Luxchomp so it would fare better against my metagame?

How many Crobat G's do you have? I ran 2 so I could do 90 to a Gengar. Double Bat drop for knock-out.

Only 1, and how did you do 60, then 30?

Also, the Vilegar decks around my metagame run a lot of Rescue Energy and Warp Energy, as well as 1 Gengar Prime. That said, is there anything more to recommend?

Metagame: I'm not too sure since I'm going to a different area than I usually play in, but my friend says that there is mostly Gyarados and a few Machamp/Donphan. My friend is playing VileGar.
What I can play: Almost anything. I just need ideas for decks that would fare well against both of the decks I could play against...

~A+G

@A+G, I suggest Luxchomp
With a 1-1 Drifblim UD + Uxie X as a Champ counter. Lux, through my experience does great against G-dos and with the 1-1 Drifblim UD + Uxie X + Luxchomps Speed and Sniping Capability can easily beat Donchamp.
OR
You could play Vilegar, since both of the main deck in that Meta are very trainer heavy and Gengar can easily KO Champs and Donphans after around 2-3 turns of trainer lock.

^Actually, you don't really need Machamp Counters. Good Machamp builds get around counters and outspeed them easily. In cities I battled this guy who played Toxitank, he only got one prize off of one of my Machamps.

Also:

Event: States
What I can play: Pretty much anything underplayed/rogue. Preferably without Luxray GL X. And I don't want to play SP. Some of the decks I'm considering are: Umbreon/Machamp, AMU/Machamp, Tyranitar, and some other rogues. Also, I want to play something quick.
Metagame: I'm guessing everything :p

@RunScizors: I meant 90 with Gyarados, the 2 bat drop.
@A&G I'd say Luxchomp, and run Lucario.
@Tyraniking: Hard to tell. I'd say it depends on whether Lost World is realeased.

Masters (Cities)

I am going to be gong to Cities this weekend and I can't decide on my Absol Chomp or DialgaTank deck. i can give a list for both. Just ask. I'm just not sure what to run. Gyradoes is seeing quite a bit of play in my area.

^AbsolChomp>Dialgachomp against Gyarados. AbsolChomp is more consistent and can even Lost Zone Magikarp!

Division: Seinors
Metagame: Gyarados + Mesprit (Biggest problem), Blaziken SP variants, Donphan variants including Donchamp prime/and non-prime, Machamp Variants, Electric Magnezone tool box, T-tar Prime, charizard (only one not usially a problem)

What I can run: Pretty much anything minus decks involving Legends, Primes (minus kingdra, and donphan), Gengar SF, or Spiritomb. I want to try a jumpluff build but it just can't beat Gyarados. Any suggestions, I would prefer to play a speed deck if possiable.

You can Spray Mesprit...although I do admit it might be a little challenging. Perhaps an ERL tech could ease some of the matchups.

dmaster out.

I do realize this, but here's the problems I see with it just to be clear.
1. I live with a mainly anti-SP meta,
2. Gyarados (the biggest problem) can hit for 110 a turn starting T2-3, and has 150 HP Even with Lucario GL + Trash Bolt I can't ko it (assuming I can't drop a bat that turn)
3. If I do manage to hit it hard it will just Seeker/SSU it up and be fully healed
4. I have Tried ERL, but it requires that they didn't Mesprit drop the last turn to make it work, and it gives away too many prizes too.

Event: City Championships
Division: Masters
Metagame: VileGar (lots of it), SP Variants (mostly DialgaChomp and LuxChomp with some Blazikens), Gyarados, Machamp
What you can play: Blastoise/Floatzel or Porygon-Z promo?

Porygon gets shut down by Vilegar and Dialga G (Deafen), but Blastoise has a much less consistent set-up. I've also played with it much less than the Porygon. However, against trainer locking decks, Porygon can hardly get set up at all.

Meta: Well, it's everyone's guess on the meta. I'm going to have to say Machamp, Luxchomp, Vilegar, gyarados, and random stuff.
What I can play: Dialgachomp, Blazechomp, Machamp, Sablelock, gyarados, t-tar.

Back