(1) 'Pokemon Sunday' Reveals Mr. Brocolli: Yanappu! [8/21]

alypkm said:
aaaaAAAAAAA mr.broccoli is sooooo cute ^^,it's one of the best pokemon in this gen.,I wish that Ash catch it,not that stupid dento

If you hate Dento...Why do you have a Dento avatar? o_O

Well anyways,I luv this Brocolli smoothered in cheese Monkey...And I will eat it :3
And just like dmaster,I only eat Brocolli if its smoothered in cheese

Hellion said:
*Looks at avatar* Err...

Yea...I know. Sorry. I can remove it if you want...It's just been impossible for me to find an avatar that fit the dimensions. xD

alypkm said:
but this is not a real monkey or even like them, I also hate monkeys because they looks like humans, but you must remember that this is not monkey he is a monkey like monster ,not monkey..also he's cute

this monkey looks similar to the one I draw when the figure first came out ^^,I fake broccoli is much similar than the one in the fake scan :D
picture.php

but this one has no tail !!

exactly, me, for exemple, I don't like spiders and snakes but I don't feel scared by Spinarak/Ariados or Ekans/Arbok/Seviper

I like Broco-chimp. I really hope he gets a good secondary type, and then I might actually use him.

I wonder will you get one if you breed a Broccoli and an Aipom in the Day Care?

Is it wrong that he's making me a little hungry? Bet he'd taste really good with a small knob of butter. :D

llavaa said:
Yea...I know. Sorry. I can remove it if you want...It's just been impossible for me to find an avatar that fit the dimensions. xD

Lol, no, I'm just gonna go back to Tsutarja. :p

And I'm pretty sure Dento (or Aloe) will get this guy. Ash isn't in the games so it can't be his, can it?

There are some rumors about the origin of Yanap's name at 2ch.
And this is an interesting inference there.

Vegetable is called as "野 菜"(-Ya sai-) in japanese.

And 菜 is not only calld as "sai" but also "na".

So the following flow is expected.

Vegetable ape...Ya sai ape...Ya na ape..."Yanap".

Of course this is a rumor and not official announce.

Really it's pointless to rant about something you have yet to play or even try.Trust me.Once you get yannapu with the Acrobat move with belly drum plus salac berry lets see what you say then.;)

Wait, how does Yannapu look like an Aipom clone? WTH? It bears no resemblance besides the ambiguous head shape. Seriously, the feet are different, the hands are different, its limbs are different. The torso is different, even! Looks a lot better than Aipom, too IMO.

Hellion said:
Wait, how does Yannapu look like an Aipom clone? WTH? It bears no resemblance besides the ambiguous head shape. Seriously, the feet are different, the hands are different, its limbs are different. The torso is different, even! Looks a lot better than Aipom, too IMO.

They do bear a slight resemblance to each other, and that would be, as you mentioned, the head.

He looks like he was designed by the same person that designed the female protagonist. Giant hair syndrome!

Kevin Garrett - I love the Yanappu signature. You make it look slightly better. There's something a little off about him though. He just looks a little... plain feature-wise. I like the concept a lot, but I think they could've made him look better.

I like it. Sure it resembles Aipom a bit with the big ears, but it's still cute. GF has done worse. I still would have preferred a grass-type Koala, though.

Obviously it was going to look better than the figurine. Those toys are abominations.

And honestly, if I ever find myself not liking any of the pokemon introduced so far from this generation, I just think back to the horrendous Rhyperior/Magmortar/Lickilicky/Probopass. Give it a try it and I guarantee you'll end up loving every other pokemon from Gen V!

Hellion said:

It's the fact that they are both similar sized monkeys while other species like a koala has not been created yet. The monkeys are almost getting as numerous as the cats now. Even so, it's easier top differentiate different types of cats in the world. Differentiating two monkey types in the real world is much tougher, especially when they relate in size.

Just look at these:
aipom.jpg
and Yanappu here: http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:pokeSun_August22_10.png

Similar head, similar ears, similar body structure. The only main difference is the type. Aipom has the big hand (or whatever it is) on his tail to express his normal type while Yanappu has the leaf-like tail. The top of the head is also different, but the ovular part of the head is drastically different. I would assume them to be around the same size.

I would not be surprised if Game Freak even used Aipom as a model to create Yanappu.

I will agree though that I'd rather see this new monkey based off Aipom then see another horrible Tangrowth/Magmortor/Magnezone crappy evo... I love how Yanappu looks, I am just upset at GF's stale choice of specie.

They are really so much different at a base level. The only thing that is the same is they are both monkeys, which makes them look similar by default.

Back