Battle road discussion thread.

Venusaur isn't much slower than Flygon and he's doing pretty good.

Meaty said:
Venusaur isn't much slower than Flygon and he's doing pretty good.
That comparison was horrible; Flygon disrupts and can OHKO and is much more versatile than Venesaur, which is slower and only deals damage.

Special Conditions, bah. Nothing a Warp Point or PokeTurn can fix.

Metagross.... was one of my worst decisions ever. Venusaur isn't too slow, but requires a smart player and a good list. Maybe a tier three deck, since with Sceptile GE you are looking at 2 energy. Drop a Skuntank G then you are doing 90 for two. Add in Venusaur and you could possibly be doing 130 for two (with assumption that Skuntank G has been used.) Honestly, that is devastating. But, his biggest weakness appears to be Blaziken FB/Luxray GL, due to Lucario GL. Jet Shoot ownage, and you can Power Spray any Poke Powers. And I imagine Rampardos seeing a little more play, due to the loss of Dialga G and the rise of Blaziken FB. Just watch out for a T1 lock from Gastly.

I'm gonna cycle in between my 3 Honchkrow varieties:

LuxKrow
MetaKrow
DusKrow

All three devastating, all three fun.

Venusaur is utterly slow. It lower than Torterra due to needing not only Venusaur (Torterra), Sceptile and Claydol, you also need 2 Pokémon to add Special Conditions and you can't spread some damage on the bench, neither do you have room for Shaymin or do you have a sick Poké-Power like Luxray which is constant if your behind prizes, which will happen all games. Everyone who's hyping Venusaur, stop talking about "a good list and a good player can make it decent" because it's not true, and decent is not even good enough to win a BR. Yanmega is also a joke, right? Because if you think you are going to win with it you hould just stop playing. Your damage output is horrible; otherwise, you're looking into something like Shaymin, which makes you slow, or Leafeon; even with Leafeon your damage output is going to be slow.

I have two decks in particular I want to try out:

-Absol G
-Yanmega

However, the one I will probably be using Absol if I go to BRs. Yanmega is more of a side deck, one that I won't use at competitive tournaments, as it isn't that greatest.

As for the metagame, I expect a number of Blaziken and Absol G decks. Honchkrow could also show up high in numbers.[

I'm curious to see what the "deck that we didn't see coming" will turn out to be in DP-SV. We've had one for the past few formats, so why would it be different now?

Oh gawd. If the deck is Swampert, I just might about die...Hey, it takes care of Blaziken and counters SP (Absol). I would still be surprised if it works.

dmaster out.

Blue Thunder said:
Honchkrow could also show up high in numbers.
IMO, I think Honch is just one of those decks that's only good on paper, but we'll find out.
d master342 said:
Oh gawd. If the deck is Swampert, I just might about die...Hey, it takes care of Blaziken and counters SP (Absol). I would still be surprised if it works.

dmaster out.
Why should you? Swampert GE with Palkia LV.X is also a great optional combo for Swampert SV.

Meh, Blaziken FB actually donks Mudkip. All you need is Blaziken FB, Fire Energy, and Energy Gain. Or even just Blaziken FB and Cyrus' Conspiracy. o_O

...talk about an easy donk.

I fail to see Swampert going anywhere. Even with the protection against SPs, they outspeed Swampert by a crackload. By the time you get 4 energies, you'll be dead.

Zyflair: I can assure you Honchkrow is not just good on paper. But its all about HOW you use it. The more I test it, the more I see it as a great tech rather then as a main attacker, since Riot just costs too much.

Honchkrow isn't even good on paper :/. It's Power is the only viable option it has (logical with 2 moves) and it has to be active to use it. With Luxray it could actually be good though, but I fail to see the other variants going anywhere.

Blue Thunder said:
Meh, Blaziken FB actually donks Mudkip. All you need is Blaziken FB, Fire Energy, and Energy Gain. Or even just Blaziken FB and Cyrus' Conspiracy. o_O

...talk about an easy donk.

I fail to see Swampert going anywhere. Even with the protection against SPs, they outspeed Swampert by a crackload. By the time you get 4 energies, you'll be dead.

I don't see 3-1 Blaziken FB decks winning. I see it as a tech in regular Blaziken. Therefore, there would be no donk. That's just IMO. Donk decks aren't going to be winning in my mind.

dmaster out.

Lou Cypher said:
Zyflair: I can assure you Honchkrow is not just good on paper. But its all about HOW you use it. The more I test it, the more I see it as a great tech rather then as a main attacker, since Riot just costs too much.
As a tech, it makes much more sense, but as a complete deck... no.

Blue Thunder said:
Who knows? =D

Back