BW/BW2 Munna = Drowzee pre-evo

Status
Not open for further replies.
swimfastray said:
Personally I don't think Chingling has much similarity at all to Chimecho, so I think it's a definite MAYBE that Mun'na evolves into Drowzee. Haven't you seen the picture of the baby tapir with it's mother? The baby has a completely deifferent pattern. It makes sense that a Drowzee prevo would look much different.
Lol. I was the one who posted that pic.

Anyway, the point is that Munna doesn't share any similarities, in its design, at all with Drowzee.

Ans yes, Budew shares traits with Roselia. Budew has a red and blue spot between its vines, they both have a 'skirt', share the same feet shape.

Chingling shares the body-shape with Chimecho and both have this tail(s)-like apendage.

And for those who cannot relate Tyrogue to any of its evolutions, I know it's more difficult to see because it shares traits with all of its evolutions, but when saying 'I don't see it' you just don't want to see it.

doubt it, the floral pattern makes me feel that it is too out of touch to drowzee to be a prevo

Pokequaza said:
Lol. I was the one who posted that pic.

Anyway, the point is that Munna doesn't share any similarities, in its design, at all with Drowzee.

Ans yes, Budew shares traits with Roselia. Budew has a red and blue spot between its vines, they both have a 'skirt', share the same feet shape.

Chingling shares the body-shape with Chimecho and both have this tail(s)-like apendage.

And for those who cannot relate Tyrogue to any of its evolutions, I know it's more difficult to see because it shares traits with all of its evolutions, but when saying 'I don't see it' you just don't want to see it.

I have never seen any red or blue on Budew. It shares the same THEME as Roselia, but I don't think they really share physical TRAITS aside from the fact that they're the same plant more or less.

Chingling and Chimecho do have a similar body shape, but one is a bell and the other is a white thing with a weird tail.

Tyrogue, I'll give credit to. They did a good job making him look like ALL THREE of his evolutions well enough. I think the one to Hitmonlee is a bit of a stretch, but Hitmonlee has a weird yet awesome design. =P

Muuna has the same type, same species type, same ability. The game designers make the weirdest/freakiest looking things they come up with for design. Just look at the tip of muuna's nose and how it looks like a baby drowzee's nose.

To anyone claiming this thing is not related to Drowzee just because they don't look similiar, I submit the following evolutions where the first form looks nothing like the second form:

Remoraid -> Octillery
Poliwhirl -> Politoed
Magikarp -> Gyarados
Gloom -> Bellossom
Pineco -> Forretress
Seedot -> Nuzleaf
Surskit -> Masquerain
Baltoy -> Claydol
Feebas -> Milotic
Shuppet -> Banette
Clamperl -> Huntail & Gorebyss

And that's just from the first three generations. A few of these are weaker than others, but there is stronger evidence suggesting the two are related than not. I will be very surprised if they aren't.

PMJ said:
To anyone claiming this thing is not related to Drowzee just because they don't look similiar, I submit the following evolutions where the first form looks nothing like the second form:

Remoraid -> Octillery
Poliwhirl -> Politoed
Magikarp -> Gyarados
Gloom -> Bellossom
Pineco -> Forretress
Seedot -> Nuzleaf
Surskit -> Masquerain
Baltoy -> Claydol
Feebas -> Milotic
Shuppet -> Banette

And that's just from the first three generations. A few of these are weaker than others, but there is stronger evidence suggesting the two are related than not. I will be very surprised if they aren't.

To be fair, I actually see a couple of those quite well. But that's just me. I guess you're right, it's not as impossible as Remoraid to Octillery...

PMJ said:

Remoraid -> Octillery
Poliwhirl -> Politoed
Magikarp -> Gyarados
Gloom -> Bellossom
Pineco -> Forretress
Seedot -> Nuzleaf
Surskit -> Masquerain
Baltoy -> Claydol
Feebas -> Milotic
Shuppet -> Banette

Bravo

I personally think it's a Drowzee pre-evo.

It's mostly those Water-types with the weird evolutions... Anyway, they are not related, at all. Most babies have something in common besides the same animal, and this thing flies!!!

Even if you compare it to Geodude, baby pokemon have a history in being related to anime symbolic pokemon or being symbolic themselves, such as Chimecho (James), Pikachu (Ash), Marril (Tracey; Misty's Azurill), Jynx (Banned Episode), Jigglypuff (stalking Jigglypuff), Wobbuffet (Jesse), Roselia (I think May's rival? Not sure how important he was), Chansey (Nurse), Mr. Mime (Ash's Mom; Jame's Mime Jr.), Togepii (Misty), Riolu (Lucario guy), Munchlax (May), Bonsly (Brock), and Elekid (Paul; they probably didn't plan that far ahead, though). A couple babies are odd balls, but Drowzee didn't have any spectacular roles and we have little evidence relating them.

List: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Baby_Pok%C3%A9mon

pokemasterskarmory said:
Munna looks like drowzee and it has a slit chance of being his pre evo
It might look similar to Drowzee, but I really think it isn't the pre-evo of Drowzee. If you really analyze some of the differences found between the two Pokemon then you will notices that Munna doesn't seem like the pre-evo of Drowzee. The floral pattern just doesn't seem to match up if it does evolve. Mostly the pre-evolutions of Pokemon seem to have similar features as their evolutions. Munna is pink and has a floral pattern and then it evolves into something that is Yellowish and doesn't have a floral pattern, which doesn't really make sense.

i don't think it is drowzees prevo
its too different
why would a pink flowery pokemon evolve into a yellow and brown one?
then into another yellow one
it doesn't make sense :|

if it was drowzees prevo they would have at least made some colour similarities

all the other baby pokemon at least have the same colours as there evos

Majora_787 said:
I have never seen any red or blue on Budew. It shares the same THEME as Roselia, but I don't think they really share physical TRAITS aside from the fact that they're the same plant more or less.

Chingling and Chimecho do have a similar body shape, but one is a bell and the other is a white thing with a weird tail.

Tyrogue, I'll give credit to. They did a good job making him look like ALL THREE of his evolutions well enough. I think the one to Hitmonlee is a bit of a stretch, but Hitmonlee has a weird yet awesome design. =P

the red/blue is inside budew's buds.

chimecho is based of a wind chime

i cant really explain tyrogue

three facts
1. Drowzee doesn't need an pre evo.
2. Munna is too...childish to become a long snouted thing
3. Munna has flowers
FLOWERS! can you believe that! " "
()

While I assumed you were right and Drowzee was the Dream Eater pokemon, not the Hypnosis pokemon, but there is still hard evidence that supports this. Look at Drowzee's shiny, pink. Look at the tapir nose, the camouflage evidence. Another thing, Nintendo wouldn't tell us this early on if Munna was a pre-evo to Drowzee just because it is a pre-evo.

i just cant see it happening
i think that muuna will evole into something more angelic
i can imagine the pokedex entry now
"Muuna flies around eating nightmares so child can sleep better"

TheAmazingGrass/SteelUser said:
i just cant see it happening
i think that muuna will evole into something more angelic
i can imagine the pokedex entry now
"Muuna flies around eating nightmares so child can sleep better"

good thought

make it the opposite of drowzee

TheAmazingGrass/SteelUser said:
also there is a jewel on muuna's nose, care to explain

The jewel on MUNNA's nose disappears during evolution, it is that simple. At least Munna stays the same type of animal through evolution. Many pokemon completely change species and form (Remoraid to Octillery, Chingling to Chimecho). It is possible that the jewel provides a boost to Munna's psychic powers, and when it evolves it no longer requires the boost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back