Media My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

I think that what blob is trying to say, although using a bad alternative (ditzy? really? do you want to see the crystal empire destroyed? Ohhhh! are you sombra?) is why did rainbow choose roided pony and fluttershy (and later ditzy) over, say, any of the other ponies we saw in hurricane fluttershy (starchaser and thunderwhatever come to mind, assuming he recovered from the flu).

I know fluttershy was in because if she weren't, there would be no friendship angle to the plot, therefore no cliché repenting moment with rainbows and key foreshadowing and everything. And regardless of biceps's variating flying capabilities, there probably were better fliers living in ponyville anyway. Not to mention capable of fitting through the damn testing equipment.

And that's not even touching on the sudden personality change of "we get better but not if that hurts our friends" (paraphrasing here) spitfire. The other wonderbolt did look like a bitch, though, so maybe it was all her idea.

professorlight said:
I think that what blob is trying to say, although using a bad alternative (ditzy? really? do you want to see the crystal empire destroyed? Ohhhh! are you sombra?) is why did rainbow choose roided pony and fluttershy (and later ditzy) over, say, any of the other ponies we saw in hurricane fluttershy (starchaser and thunderwhatever come to mind, assuming he recovered from the flu).

I know fluttershy was in because if she weren't, there would be no friendship angle to the plot, therefore no cliché repenting moment with rainbows and key foreshadowing and everything. And regardless of biceps's variating flying capabilities, there probably were better fliers living in ponyville anyway. Not to mention capable of fitting through the damn testing equipment.

And that's not even touching on the sudden personality change of "we get better but not if that hurts our friends" (paraphrasing here) spitfire. The other wonderbolt did look like a bitch, though, so maybe it was all her idea.

Because Rainbow Dash wants a challenge...? D: I am trying to save this episode but it's just not happening

I'm with zenith, why do fans love ditzy so much? this MLP phenomenon just keeps raising interesting questions.

But yes, this wasn't one of the best episodes (or at least the most consistent ones)... but it'll get better.

On unrelated news, I'm hooked on "apples to the core" and I can't stop. HELP!

Derpy isn't dumb, she just can't see that well because of her eyes. She has one lazy eye and one that sucks at focusing, so calling her dumb because she's practically blind is mean.

Blob55 said:
Derpy isn't dumb, she just can't see that well because of her eyes. She has one lazy eye and one that sucks at focusing, so calling her dumb because she's practically blind is mean.

that is not what i meant

Blob55 said:

It goes beyond her lazy eye. Believe me, if sucking at focusing is derpy's problem, I'd have destroyed my house at this point just waking up from bed.

PMJ said:
professorlight said:

Because Rainbow Dash wants a challenge...? D: I am trying to save this episode but it's just not happening
Wasn't it explained early on that there were other sport events going on, and that all the other ponies were playing in these other events, and that ponies were only allowed to play in one event, thus leaving Dash with no alternatives but BB and Fluttershy?

professorlight said:
I'm with zenith, why do fans love ditzy so much? this MLP phenomenon just keeps raising interesting questions.
From my point of view, people love Derpy because she's essentially 'our' character. From her existence, to her name, to some of her traits (her love of muffins for example) come from the fans. There are many background ponies that exist because the show's creators created them, but Derpy exists solely because we created her.

Personally, I just think she's adorable; she's endearing in her random, simplistic wierdness. She's also the reason I started watching the show...

Blob55 said:
Derpy isn't dumb, that's for certain, but I highly doubt it's her eyes that cause her difficulty (personally, I always thought Derpy had great eyes that worked like a chameleon's, able to see in two directions at one). A more likely explanation for Derpy's clumsiness is that she's eccentric, whimsical, simple-minded and a bubblehead, all of which often result in her getting into mischief.

I really loved Three is a Crowd, probably one of my favourite episodes of Season 4 so far. It was really great to see Cadence around when there's not some crazy threat going on, and of course Discord is awesome, plus Discord song. <3

I really don't like the Discord episodes, as they just end the same.

1. Discord causes a problem
2. Discord lies about the thing he's caused
3. Things get worse
4. The main characters fix the thing started by Discord
5. Discord admits he started the problem
6. Everyone forgives Discord, because friendship

This episode was all right. Could have done without the song, but I guess that it was a different type of song than all the other ones in the series.

Admittedly, I really should have known Discord was trolling the whole time.

Cadance confirmed for harbinger of doom

Discord did kind of bring up a a good point though, Twilight really should include him more often in their excursions. :[

I finally watched the episode. Hasbro is going all out on youtube now.

I agree with PMJ in everything... but the last part. I think we all know why twilight won't take discord in any kind of excursion.

Although seeing cadence again was a pleasure, For a moment I really was excited thinking that rarity and applejack would have to team up to take care of discord and keep him away from twilight.
And everybody looking at rarity when discord asked for a fainting couch was the comedic highlight of the season.

Also, did you guys know of this?

http://woonastuck.tumblr.com/post/13235776158/1

If you did, why didn't you tell me? It's the best thing ever!

professorlight said:

I agree with PMJ in everything... but the last part. I think we all know why twilight won't take discord in any kind of excursion.

Although seeing cadence again was a pleasure, For a moment I really was excited thinking that rarity and applejack would have to team up to take care of discord and keep him away from twilight.
And everybody looking at rarity when discord asked for a fainting couch was the comedic highlight of the season.

You're a Stuckie?

I really wanted to see what Fluttershy was doing this episode, as it seemed much more interesting to me, as I really like animals.

Blob55 said:
professorlight said:

You're a Stuckie?

I really wanted to see what Fluttershy was doing this episode, as it seemed much more interesting to me, as I really like animals.

Found it yesterday, finished it yesterday. It was good. The end got incredibly dragged off, though.

Pinkie Pride. Oh lawdy, Pinkie Pride. Where do I begin...

Cow and Chicken reference with Boneless...? Nice!
Yes, it's a musical! :D
The first song kinda sounds like "Belle" from Beauty and the Beast!
The Cakes and Diamond Tiara actually sang! And Silver Spoon drank DT's shake, lol.
Surgery is now canon.
Flashbacks. Flashbacks everywhere. Pinkie had a third sister? Where did she come from?! Is she the sister that's going to visit soon?
Pinkie singing in Spanish. Oh god yes. XD
Derpy! Sooooooo much Derpy! :D She likes chocolate! She must LOVE chocolate chip muffins.
Filly Derpy too!!!! And filly Cheerilee, Colgate/Minuette, Lyra, Bon Bon, Flitter and Cloudchaser! Mind = Blown.
Live action shots! :O
Pinkie. And. Cheese. Were. Made. For. Each. Other. Be it friends or if you want to ship them, that works too! It's up to you!
Last song sounds like "This Is Our Big Night" from Equestria Girls.
Oh, and Pinkie got her Rainbow item, or Mega Stone as I like to call them. (Pinkiepite?)

TL;DR that was the most fun episode I've ever seen! 10/10 would watch 3000 times again.

SkyeVictini said:
Pinkie Pride. Oh lawdy, Pinkie Pride. Where do I begin...

TL;DR that was the most fun episode I've ever seen! 10/10 would watch 3000 times again.
Yeah, that was a fun episode... my only disappointment is that, because of the flashback with filly Derpy, one of my favorite Derpy fanfics probably can't coexist with canon anymore...

I don't know about the best episode of the series, but it was a fun episode for sure. It provided an eternal shipping partner some much needed character development for Pinkie Pie.

PMJ said:
I don't know about the best episode of the series, but it was a fun episode for sure. It provided an eternal shipping partner some much needed character development for Pinkie Pie.

This episode was a necessity for Pinkie's character, considering I've heard some complaints about her being flanderized in season 4.

But seriously, I haven't felt this giddy watching an episode of MLP since A Canterlot Wedding. The only kind of episode I like better than epic adventure arcs are episodes with that "feel-good" quality like Pinkie Pride. Its probably my favorite episode of season 4, pushing Princess Twilight Sparkle to an EXTREMELY close second.

Hello fellow bronies! Eh, thought I'd get that out...

Anyway, I personally love season four so far. The episodes are getting pretty good, even if some people don't agree... I'm looking forward to the point when we see more development on the rainbow items, now that we have three. Who do you guys think is going to be next in line to recieve the rainbow key/artifact?

Also, how many of you guys have actually published fics of your own for the fandom on different sites? I'd like to browse options for my own fic ideas so I can get started myself.

Back