Team ShadowForce ~ Looking for members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: The TEMPORARY Rising Sun Clan. The war is a DRAW.

Ok i'm on Chain 11 for Shinx.....i hope i get to 40 with 2 Static Pokes in my Team....

Wow, sorry, I meant Timid or Modest. My bad.

This is weird! I just found ALL shinnoh pokemon. I went to Rowans lab and talked to lucas out front. He took me to route 202 to show me how to use the PokeRadar. Yet, I dont have it in my Key Items....
I talk to Rowan and all he says is: The world is immense....blah blah blah.

Is there a thread on pokebeach that talks about chaining for a shiny? Or is simpler then that.

(truth be told, I wasnt keeping up with your chit chat on chaining....)

the chance doesn't increase with the more static pokes you have on your team... it's just as long as you have one at the front of your party... remember... the farthest one away... in any direction... keep resetting the pokeradar if the farthest one happens to be at an edge...

there is probably something on smogon on it... they have pretty much everything... I don't know about pokebeach though...

Wait...i thought it was like the Best patches to go too were 4x0 4x1?

Yeah.. those are the best patches... but if something's farther like 5x1 or 6x1 or 6x0 then you might as well go for that one... or the chain will break on you...

Oh.........but i though the only good patches were those....well....I'm at 20...think i'm doing good???

MY CHAIN BROKE!

lcristia said:
Okay well... Ummm Blast... I think you are confusing the bright patches Vs the Actual shiny/sparkly patches ... There are very Distinct differences between the two... Bright patches appear all the time... Shiny patches are what you're aiming for... TRUST ME... you will know one when you see it... and you'll be happy...

Patch Basics
There are three major types of patches... there are the normal patches... the brighter ones... and the shiny ones... Pokeradar pokemon can ONLY be found in the brighter patches... but otherwise every other pokemon that can be found, can be found in either of the patches...

You have to pick one of the two patches to start your chain with... and once you do, don't pick another patch type... like say, if you start your chain with a normal patch, don't switch to bright colored patch halfway through because it will mess up your chain like 99% of the time... you can get lucky and pull if off but it will be unlikely...

The other thing is that depending on the patch type will determine how efficiently you will be able to chain in some situations... like... if it's night time, you will want to try and go for the brighter patches to start with... that way you could see them better when you reset the radar... because normal patches are really hard to see sometimes... Also, bright colored patches are much easier to spot in sandstorm, hail, and rain areas... so you'll want to think about these things...

Also, there are subtle differences between patches even of the same type... some bright patches will look different than others and stuff... this can become important if you're trying to chain a very rare poke because it might break your chain.. most of the time though, if you pick the patch at the right distance, it won't matter... but if you want to play it safe, just learn to recognize the difference between each...

oh ok thanks that helped a lot i get it now thanks :)

that stinks... 20 is a good number... but you just jinxed yourself... you have to be very patient...

...you Jinxed me.....urg....

Just checking in, and looking for a battle, or two. Trying to work out the weaknesses in one of my teams.

I guess i could battle you....we haven't i awhile....FC?

Ok....good Luck!

good job there Skip... you had me working for my win on that one... you just need to move your team around a little bit because there are too many common weaknesses...

Major mistakes on my part didn't make it better either... but you did great... i think though, that my team really sucks... 'cause I mean come on... you outran my electavire?!? that's not cool... LOL... i guess shinies are not that great for battle...

Thats not true! My Scizor is shiny and he kicks butt!

Okay, I got the Poke Radar.

Can you give me a 30 second lesson on finding shinies?

Im going to look for a shiny Baltoy.

Just quick tips is all I need.
Like controling nature, and stuff. Thank.s

baltoys are hard... they gave me so much of a challenge that i gave up on them... but that was when I was rookie... good luck to you...

But yeah... not all shinies suck for battling... I use them all the time... it's just that electivire i guess... even though it's proven itself very powerful before... oh well...

Umm... 30 seconds? oh wow...

go for the farthest patch of the same type that you're chaining... have patience... reset when in doubt... have patience... carry a pokemon with the synchronize ability that has the nature that you want... then, when you're just before the shiny patch... switch to your synchronizer and enter the patch... that way you have a 50% chance of getting the right nature on your shiny... IVs are at random so your shinies may suck... but then again, they might be awesome like my roserade or tyranitar...

don't use your bike... don't run too far from the last place the pokeradar reset... don't go into the spot directly behind you which is obstructed by your player's big head... don't go into the grass adjacent to the mountain or tree or to the edge of the field... these spots will be dangerous... never reset the pokeradar at the edge of the field or at a corner or at a grass patch adjacent to the mountain...

don't "save" your chain and turn off the DS or reset it... it doesn't work... don't run out of repels.. (I use max repels) a lot of them... I would bring like 150 max repels if I were you... save before you start chaining... that way if your chain breaks, you don't have to waste max repels... you can just soft reset and all your PP of your moves and max repels are there... Save after you catch a shiny...

you might want to bring along a pokemon with the pickup ability... that way you can get cool items while killing pokemon left and right!! it's just plain multitasking...

And finally just read what I have written before... which i know is not much... but if you have any more specific questions... i'll be happy to take them...

Again, sorry but youtube is not working...

So to start the chain, just keep using the radar, go to farthest grass (row 4) and hope its the one you want. (in my case, baltoy) Then....?

Just had two good battles...

Lost to Icristia, 1-0.

Won against PDC, 2-0.

GG's to both of you.

*EDIT* @ Icristia: I was wondering how I outran that E-vire...I didn't mention that in PM's.

Wow, Baltoy appears in Route 206. Im in the REALLY WIDE OPEN area below the cycling road. Perfect place right?

Making baltoy appear is hard....

Wow, this is odd. I thought the chain gets broken if you run from the battle....

I just ran into a Gligar 3 times in a row. I ran from each. AND each time that patch of grass was shaking violently...

Hmmm.....sometimes I wonder why she left you in charge.....I was her first choice....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back