The Mewtwo EX/Eelektrik/Zekrom Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tornadus EX isn't that good. Thundurus does it's job just as good, you can use it without risk in the mirror, and it has more hp per prize (CMT needs a PP and Tornadus EX (free 2 prizes) or to initiate the Mewtwo war, Darkrai needs a Dark Claw). If you can get an Eviolite on it, at best both decks can two shot it (Except for 3 energy on Mewtwo and a PP).

how does thundurus go about doing tornadus' job? tornadus acts as a solid terrakion counter. taking only 50 damage with eviolite equipped at best means he's a 4hko for terrakion while tornadus 2hko's him back....

That depends on you having Eviolite attached to Tornadus. It's not bad, and there can be room for it, but eh.

I can't see CMT being stronger than this deck now, because the other player absolutely must initiate the Mewtwo war unless they run more copies of Gigas or Virizion, etc. Tornadus is too weak against Eels.

Zekeels doesn't need to counter Terrakion. if you are smart, you can manage to win the matchup. You start the game and KO a few Terrakions with your basics, then you EX sweep late game. It is a little hard to pull off at first, but then you just start to play the matchup right naturally.

I think it really all comes down to playstyle and what you're most comfortable playing, for my case I feel that Tornadus EX definitely helps to cover for my ZekEel decks' {F} Weakness and since one of my friends still plays Donphan other than Durant it will come in handy to survive the matchup for me.

I'm not really concerned about the Mirror as much as I'm trying to win other matchups and oddly enough out of my matchups against Durant with this deck I always seem to deck myself out before I draw all 6 of my prizes. I've won against Durant before with ZekEels I'm starting to think my big problem is that I'm running too many Discard Supporters like Juniper.

Other than that I usually try to time getting Regular Zekrom setup to Bolt Strike twice and then Outrage the other Durants for most of the game. It usually works but then last game I played against Durant I only drew 3-4 prizes where I was 2 prizes short from winning because I couldn't Junk Arm into a Super Rod in time or I got decked out from Devour.

Card Slinger J said:
I'm not really concerned about the Mirror as much as I'm trying to win other matchups and oddly enough out of my matchups against Durant with this deck I always seem to deck myself out before I draw all 6 of my prizes.

If I recall correctly, that is the point of Durant.

alexmf2 said:
If I recall correctly, that is the point of Durant.

This made me laugh more than it should have.

As a player I feel it's probably most important to know the mirror. Everything else is manageable but the mirror can be changed so much by just a few key cards.

My opinion is, that Heatmor is there for scaring. Not to be actually used in the very best decks. Again just my opinion :)

I would still run Tornadus EX in this deck, why run Raikou EX when they can revenge kill it with Terrakion? That's just silly. Unless your Opponent Catcher's something you can literally stall the game with an Eviolited Tornadus EX If you're going up against
Terrakion/Landorus/Groudon EX or Donphan.

Card Slinger J said:
I would still run Tornadus EX in this deck, why run Raikou EX when they can revenge kill it with Terrakion? That's just silly. Unless your Opponent Catcher's something you can literally stall the game with an Eviolited Tornadus EX If you're going up against
Terrakion/Landorus/Groudon EX or Donphan.

You should run Raikou EX because it is a good card. If your opponent plays Terrakion, dont use Raikou. Thats1 unused card for you and 2 for them.

I don't even categorize Zoroark under competition. What I'm worried about is Darkrai. Terrakion would also be very useful in the mirror, too.

alexmf2 said:
I don't even categorize Zoroark under competition. What I'm worried about is Darkrai. Terrakion would also be very useful in the mirror, too.

You're joking right. Zoroark is the new top deck we're getting. Darkrai isn't good.

Yeah.

120 damage. On a stage 1. That you need a full bench for.

Obviously BDIF. I mean, not like CMT can do only 20 less for little to no setup on turn 1 or anything. Or that ZekEels can do it more consistently and on a basic.

iisnumber12 said:
You're joking right. Zoroark is the new top deck we're getting. Darkrai isn't good.

This is a silly place to have this conversation, but Epicrai (Darkrai as the main attacker) is AMAZING. I've played against it with Zekeels and got uber destroyed. It can hit for 110 a turn with just a Dark Claw and it also does a decent 30 to something that's benched. It also can get set up crazy fast, making it even more potent. Zoroark will be good, but Darkrai is certainly a deck to watch out for.

Blah said:
This is a silly place to have this conversation, but Epicrai (Darkrai as the main attacker) is AMAZING. I've played against it with Zekeels and got uber destroyed. It can hit for 110 a turn with just a Dark Claw and it also does a decent 30 to something that's benched. It also can get set up crazy fast, making it even more potent. Zoroark will be good, but Darkrai is certainly a deck to watch out for.

I, however, can beat Darkrai fairly easily.

Blah said:

Just because you lost does not mean its a good deck. So what if it does 110? It has to be KOing 2 things each turn to win. It is OHKOed by Terrakion which isn't good. It is also totally hurt by N because it it needs 3 Energies to attack.

iisnumber12 said:
Just because you lost does not mean its a good deck. So what if it does 110? It has to be KOing 2 things each turn to win. It is OHKOed by Terrakion which isn't good. It is also totally hurt by N because it it needs 3 Energies to attack.

Lets see...

-Possibility of a turn 1 attack
-Can easily beat anyone and anything in a prize trade because it can take that extra prize every 2-3 turns
-OHKOs everything and 2HKOs any EX with Dark Claw
-Easily powered by Dark Patch
-Tornadus EX is a great backup attacker
-Has no free prizes on the bench

The only way you can beat it is by using Terrakion. If it comes to a prize trade, you've already lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back