THE Worlds thread. Who's going / Info, ask questions here. (Official Site in OP)

The REALLY persistent rumor flying around right now is Vancouver. Supposedly it is founded in a reliable source. The "official" word is that it won't be in California or Hawaii. It's supposedly also confirmed to be in the Pacific Time Zone.

Zorua said:
Where'd you hear that?

I honestly doubt it would ever be out of the U.S. just due to how much of the player base is actually in the US.

It was a rumor going around before. Apparently it won't be held in CA or HI, but it will be in the PST time zone. TheDarkTwins on Pokegym said something about Vancouver, but IDK. (He's at Worlds now so that's why I'm bringing it up)

EDIT: Ninja'd by the King of Piplups.

Wow that really sucks. Like really really sucks.

Vancouver as a location is fine, but Canada is my concern. International transportation is so annoying, and the fact that all the big player bases will have to make that kind of pilgrimage is just stupid in my opinion.

I want it to be in Florida, it's pretty easy to access and it has (IMO) the best player base. (I'm not just saying that because I live there)

Brave Vesperia said:
I want it to be in Florida, it's pretty easy to access and it has (IMO) the best player base. (I'm not just saying that because I live there)

I don't think they would like it so far from Japan...

King Piplup said:
Somebody finally got the meaning of my SN XD.

Anyway, I find this Vamcouver bit more likely than not...

tbh, I'd like it if they moved Worlds around the world every year. It's stupid how it's in the same 2 spots every other year.

Mudkip711 said:
tbh, I'd like it if they moved Worlds around the world every year. It's stupid how it's in the same 2 spots every other year.

It'll never leave the West Coast of North America as far as I'm concerned. They won't inconvienence the US that much and they won't do something like that to Japan.

I imagine that Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada would be a great location for Worlds. I'm a bit biased because I am Canadian, however Vancouver is about a thirty to sixty minute drive from the U.S. border (next to Washington). I'm actually flying to Vancouver tomorrow and then driving to Seattle for a few days :p. If I understand correctly, Washington has a pretty large player base? Vancouver also has one of the highest standards of living in the world.

Sadly Vancouver isn't a beach vacation area like Hawaii and California are, however it is still a beautiful city.

Both Glace and i lost in the first roiund of grinder. i had a good time though, and glace told me to apply for team pokebeach again.

Can you guys get a list of who grinded in Seniors and Juniors? The Worlds site is useless.

PBS, Pretty Boy Swagg, Ra2Terra, Beats by dre dre, etc (the guy who got banned 5+ times) grinded in to Worlds.

grantm1999 said:
North Carolina. While it is still far away, it is very good for the entire world AND we have relatives who live in Ohio. Free "hotel". (not sure how close they are to the exact city though)

I feel bad for you but how many Mewtwo did you run and what deck did you play?

I am working on taking pictures of stuff, I bought a map...

Zorua said:
Hey, maybe if someone would tell us where Worlds 13 is next year, we'd...find out where Worlds 13' is.

Sorry to hear about that Glace :/

Vancouver is the current rumor, but nothing is confirmed afaik.

This might seem like a stupid question, but would it be in Vancouver, Canada or Vancouver, Washington? :S

I'd guess Canada because worlds is always in US, and Canada isn't that much of a disconvience to US, while just as easy to get to as San Diego for Japanese for the most part.

My friend Petros O got in with CMT! That's who I'm rooting for currently.

Ah, sorry you didn't make it, Glace and Blargh.

blargh257 said:
Both Glace and i lost in the first roiund of grinder. i had a good time though, and glace told me to apply for team pokebeach again.

At least you had fun blargh, what deck beat you ?

Stefan Tabaco of Norcal qualified for the main event today !

Vancouver, BC would be awesome for 2013!

Back