XY Trainer Customization - What Items / Clothing Do You Want to See?

RE: Pokemon X/Y: Trainer Outifits

gacs said:
It's pretty infuriating for me to see so many types of costumes and trinkets for the player yet it currently stands that you can only choose from two skin tones (you are either very very pale or dark).

Very disappointing.

may_p3_2.jpg
jZxkgV39huG2m.jpg

There's three skin tones, but I agree the first two have a pretty subtle difference.

I'll be picking the male character... I'm really hoping for jeans to become available :) Maybe even a black suit!

I'm good as long as I can make my trainer look like in my signature.

I also like the outfits which were revealed thus far. I hope there will be unnatural hair colors too, since there are tonns of characters in the Pokemon universe who have such hair colors.

Outfit_Art-X-and-Y.jpg

sept_p18_04_bakl3.jpg

(there are your jeans, FT10)

sept_p18_05_38ox7.jpg

sept_p18_06_j07b7.jpg

sept_p18_07_rv79x.jpg

Love the customization options, however, there damn well better be a backwards hat- or the option to wear one backwards! Gold from G/S was one of my favorite character designs out of all the protagonists in the games, and his look better get some F'n love here.

I want black pants, a black T-Shirt and a black hat.
So probably never going to be in the game. :/

Lex said:
gacs said:
It's pretty infuriating for me to see so many types of costumes and trinkets for the player yet it currently stands that you can only choose from two skin tones (you are either very very pale or dark).

Very disappointing.

may_p3_2.jpg
jZxkgV39huG2m.jpg

There's three skin tones, but I agree the first two have a pretty subtle difference.

If you check the male trainer portraits, the two skin tones to the left look virtually identical (except one has a really really light pink-ish hue to it). In-game though, both the male and female "center" portrait characters look totally pale.

I'm still hoping they will do away with that really archaic character selection intro and instead let us change the basic features using color sliders.

Blob55 said:
I want black pants, a black T-Shirt and a black hat.
So probably never going to be in the game. :/

Well, Im sure they will have a black suit-esque outfit in the game- if not Im sure there will be options to mix and match to have all black attire.

gacs said:
Lex said:
may_p3_2.jpg
jZxkgV39huG2m.jpg

If you check the male trainer portraits, the two skin tones to the left look virtually identical (except one has a really really light pink-ish hue to it). In-game though, both the male and female "center" portrait characters look totally pale.

I'm still hoping they will do away with that really archaic character selection intro and instead let us change the basic features using color sliders.
There has to be more than three eye colors, perhaps there will be more options? (or maybe they are going to limit it to just three D:)

The clothing looks good so far, I really love the cute schoolgirl costume for the girl. I do hope there will be a lot of options..., maybe make all npc costumes available to wear (I want to look like a team Flare grunt :p). Maybe they even introduce period costumes, Kalos is THE region where it seems most plausible to introduce all kinds of older styles of clothing, given the rich history of the country (and the continent) it is based off.

Is it also known whether you select different pieces of clothing to form an outfit or whether you have to chose between predefined outfits?

Lex said:
gacs said:

There has to be more than three eye colors, perhaps there will be more options? (or maybe they are going to limit it to just three D:)

I don't want to be a pessimist, but all things point to that. If you check screenshots of the bottom screen (with Friends, Acquaintances, Passersby, etc...), you can see that the variety of eye and skin colors is the same throughout (excluding of course the NPC avatars).

I'd like to see for guys
sleeveless shirts, especially striped
those t-shirts with the collar and sleeves the same color (coming in long sleeve too)
cargo pants, especially light grey
multiple glasses and some goggles
some ear piercings (studs to rings)
necklaces
rings
fingerless gloves
the ability to be shirtless (why can't you be shirtless in the water if every other guy can?)
swimming trunks/speedos/swimming other stuff (Free! Lumiose Swim Club lol)
different bags
eyecolor changes
possibly even nail colors (guys can paint their nails too, doesnt mean it's girly)
chespin hoodie
fennekin collared shirt
froakie jacket
X version and Y version exclusive clothes

For those worrying about getting certain colors, the official site mentions that we can vary the colors of everything.

Baktwerel said:
For those worrying about getting certain colors, the official site mentions that we can vary the colors of everything.

What do you mean? Because so far it has only been about clothes.

gacs said:
Lex said:

I don't want to be a pessimist, but all things point to that. If you check screenshots of the bottom screen (with Friends, Acquaintances, Passersby, etc...), you can see that the variety of eye and skin colors is the same throughout (excluding of course the NPC avatars).

That's annoying, because I have darker skin, but with Brown hair and Blue eyes.

I'm going to look absolutely FABULOUS!
I'm not going to wear hat. Unless there's going to be seasons, like the last game.

Spring - Summer outfit:
Green T-Shirt with a Pokemon on it. Tan Khaki shorts. Sandals. And some glasses.

Fall - Winter outfit:
Green and black striped sweater.
Long pants. Black and white stripes going downwards.
Black shoes or boots.
Glasses.

I will probably get a...uh...satchel.
Indiana Jones has one.

gacs said:
Lex said:

Except they're not.

june_new_p2_01.jpg

The second character under acquintances and the first character under passersby have the same skin tone and different eye colors. There are also others with the same skin tone(or slightly darker which would also imply more than just those three options) and different eye colors.

Fee said:
The second character under acquintances and the first character under passersby have the same skin tone and different eye colors.

They seem to have the same eye colors to me. If I could guess, the eye-skin colors probably cannot be customized beyond the three basic choices: Very light skin with blue eyes, barely darker but still light skin with grey eyes and tanned skin with brown eyes. And frankly, even those three choices are more than we were ever presented with. Them and all the hair and clothing customization is more than what I ever hoped to see in a Pokemon game, so I'm good with those 3 bases.

98Greener said:
I'm going to look absolutely FABULOUS!
I'm not going to wear hat. Unless there's going to be seasons, like the last game.

Spring - Summer outfit:
Green T-Shirt with a Pokemon on it. Tan Khaki shorts. Sandals. And some glasses.

Fall - Winter outfit:
Green and black striped sweater.
Long pants. Black and white stripes going downwards.
Black shoes or boots.
Glasses.

I will probably get a...uh...satchel.
Indiana Jones has one.
So you're basically going for a Harvest Moon style?

I'm just praying they have some serious but stylish clothes, I don't want to dress like a teenager (well, not always... heh heh). Looking like a 14 year old anime character is perfectly fine for some people, but other people are more... classy.

Anyway, with enough good clothes I just know I will change clothes. every. day.

Back