XY What Kind of New Gym Leaders and Champions Will There Be?

Honestly, I'm tired of seeing Dragon, Ice and Water-type Gyms again and again. Unfortunately, I think there will be a Ice-type gym due to two cities in a snowy region. :/

Gyms:
Bug (Yikes for "so called Grass/Dark" starter)
Fairy
Dark
Fighting
Poison
Ground
Ice
Grass

Elite Four: (Elemental theme)
Rock
Fire
Flying
Water
Champion: Variety

Flys Gone 2071 said:
Actually with WPM's information (and the trailer) it would be (IMO):

Gyms
Bug
Fairy
Dark (I would put it here)
Fighting
Grass
Poison (I liked the idea of Poison and Ice gyms)
Ice

E4
Water
Electric
Rock
Fire (it seemed to me that it would be last)

That makes sense. And I didn't put them in the order I thought they would be. So thanks for doing that for me. :) But you only have 7 gyms listed...

No more Flying gyms... Unless the leaders is an old crazy uncle-like pilot.

Elemental Elite Four sound very interesting to see, but it could be a weak challenge.

Personally, I always wanted them to revamp the concept of the Elite Four but the introduction of the Facilities did effect that. Now... If they can give a larger role for the E4 in the story...

SunRiver said:

There are worse things than another Flying type gym, although if they make another one and make it 6th again, then I'd say give it a rest.

I'm more worried about early game Normal or Bug, 3rd or 4th gym Electric, another Water gym, 7th gym Ice, and 8th gym Dragon. Sadly, I think at least one or two of those things are still happening (I'm betting that there's going to be another Water gym because of Coastal Kalos, and if I'm right about the storyline path we may get another Ice gym 7th).

SunRiver said:

Elemental Elite Four sound very interesting to see, but it could be a weak challenge.

Personally, I always wanted them to revamp the concept of the Elite Four but the introduction of the Facilities did effect that. Now... If they can give a larger role for the E4 in the story...

It would make sense to utilise the regions toughest when something drastic happens. I don't know why they've never incorporated that before. The only exception being the champion in some gens.

Thief said:
SunRiver said:

It would make sense to utilise the regions toughest when something drastic happens. I don't know why they've never incorporated that before. The only exception being the champion in some gens.

Agreed. They're the 4 strongest trainers (besides the champion) in the region and all they do is stand in a room 24/7? Come on GF! And no NPC's ever talk about them!

I'd enjoy something like this:

Gym 1: Electric-type
Gym 2: Ground-type
Gym 3: Fairy-type
Gym 4: Poison-type
Gym 5: Dark-type
Gym 6: Steel-type
Gym 7: Bug-type
Gym 8: Psychic-type

Elite Four #1: Grass-type
Elite Four #2: Fire-type
Elite Four #3: Water-type
Elite Four #4: Normal-type

I am so sick of seeing Ice type gyms, especially being 7th. I mean. Come on.
Pryce, Candice, Brycen. 3/5 so far. Seriously GF. STAHP.
I really want to see a Dark type gym. I mean, if Fairy is gonna get one in the first gen that it's introduced in,
why shouldn't Dark FINALLY get one? We've had 3 dark type Elite Four members already...
I'm also getting tired of there always being a Dragon type gym leader or Elite Four member.
Lance, Claire, Drake, Iris, Drayden...

why not another multi-leader gym? like twins of 2 different types that you battle?
it could be like yin and yang

PokemonFreak44 said:

Electric being first wouldn't be very good for balance since it only has one weakness.

Bolt the Cat said:
PokemonFreak44 said:

Electric being first wouldn't be very good for balance since it only has one weakness.

So does Normal, and that worked just fine in B2W2. Anyone who picks Froakie might be at a disadvantage, but the same was true for the Fire starters with all the early Rock Gyms, so again, not that weird. And they'd most likely throw in a Ground-type or two on the early routes to make it fairer as well.

DorianBlack said:
And they'd most likely throw in a Ground-type or two on the early routes to make it fairer as well.
Fairer is not a word. *More fair.
But anyways, yeah, I was going to say the same thing, actually.
They always put in ground/rock types early on to combat the normal gyms.

Alix Rooker said:

There weren't any Rock or Ground types to use against Cheren. Those types usually don't show up until after the first gym.

I found out that the 2nd gym in the 6th gen is a fairy type gym and a new type is announced, it is the fairy type and Sylveon and some older Pokémon will be reclassified as fairy types like Clefairy. The first gym is a bug type gym, and the 4th gym is a fighting type gym.

[private]Staff Message: Fixed S/G and PMed ~Artemis[/private]

Re: RE: What kind of new Gym Leaders and Champions will there be?

Awesome5872 said:
i found out that the 2nd gym in the 6th gen is a fairy type gym and a new type is announced, it is the fairy type and sylveon and some older pokemon will be reclassified as fairy types like clefairy, the first gym is a bug type gym and the 4th gym is a fighting type gym

Sorry dude, this is old news. You're a little behind. :)

Bolt the Cat said:
Alix Rooker said:

There weren't any Rock or Ground types to use against Cheren. Those types usually don't show up until after the first gym.

There were Riolu, though, in Floccessy Ranch. And Timburr, Throh, and Sawk were obtainable before Lenora, too. The only time there hasn't been a good Pokémon available for taking on the first Gym was in Red and Blue, and the addition of early Mankey (and early Double Kick for the Nidorans) in Yellow means they learned their lesson a while ago, so I think it's safe to say that regardless of the first Gym's type, there will be Pokémon available to make it easier.

Awesome5872 said:
i found out that the 2nd gym in the 6th gen is a fairy type gym and a new type is announced, it is the fairy type and sylveon and some older pokemon will be reclassified as fairy types like clefairy, the first gym is a bug type gym and the 4th gym is a fighting type gym

I hope that rumor isn't entirely true. I don't like the fact that the second gym is fairy-type. It should be used later or elite four.

I liked how in BW and BW2, the gym leaders had jobs and personalities so you could get to know them. I hope they do that again. Even though it was fake, I liked the ghost type gym leader Jules (courtesy of Mr XY) who was a blind musician who played with his other senses. It is interesting characters like that that make a game more deep.

FloodBadge said:
why not another multi-leader gym? like twins of 2 different types that you battle?
it could be like yin and yang

When I read this, I interpreted it as another double battle where one person uses one type and the other person uses another. That'd be cool.

Back